Thursday, May 10, 2012

Road Trip!

What could be more fitting than to start my summer with adventure with a good ol' fashion road trip!?

So after saying my goodbyes



I started out in the Windy City, visting with friends and crashing with my girl, Kerry. We had a fabulous time running around Chicago


visiting with old friends (Hi, Tyler!)


and making some new ones (Ellie Goulding/Ronnie "WooWoo")



I also had the HUGE blessing of meeting my Great Aunt Louise. This amazing 92yr old made me feel old and boring! I can't wait to read about memoirs abour her years as a nurse and teacher in South Africa, being a founder of Pioneer Girls and the ministries the Lord has lead her to since. Right now she tutors those in the hispanic comminity working toward citizenship. Such a jewel!



Then I popped over to Ft. Wayne, IN to visit with my Alaska buddies from '02, Kaydra and Dan


We got to go to the Big Daddy Weave concert and I was happy to get to see Kandice and Mike Weaver one last time :)


On to a peaceful break in Minnesota with Floyd and Amy Dauber (missionaries to Ecuador)



Beautiful and secluded Montana at Sue Payton's ranch was my last stop before flying out. I learned to drive in serious mud. Thank the Lord for 4wd!



Overnighting in Seattle provided me with the opportunity to take the train downtown. It's a gorgeous city and I hope to visit sometime soon!


Question: Who spills coffee on the original hard wood floors at the Original Starbucks? Answer: The same girl who then has a drunk plumber buy her a $150 pull tab. Boom!!! The Lord provides in mysterious ways :)

On to Alaska!


I have been in Kodiak for a week and had many fantastic adventures already. I really enjoy my job here and the people I have met. More on that later...

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you Sissy. You have no idea, I actually teared up when I saw your pictures and had to show you off to my teammates. You are beautiful and amazing, and following wherever God leads. I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete