Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Adventures!

Since arriving in Kodiak two weeks ago today I have been on many an Adventure! Here at Kodiak Baptist Mission (KBM), 35-45 degrees and daylight is a sign of spring and most want to get out of the house and onto a mountain...





a rock...







a boat...





or a beach...








Adventures may involve music



The soulful and incredibly beautiful music of my friend Ellamy Tiller makes me tear up...particuarly when she sings of my sweet Jesus

Food!


I am good at eating Tanner Crab!



Wild caught Alaskan Salmon (of course) with mango and sweet chilis


There may be a game of rock baseball



or...SNOW...in May!



As you can see, I am having a BLAST in Kodiak! It's still cold so I can't wait to see what other fun times will be had once it gets warmer and greener.


Working at the Mission 

I know it seems like all fun and games (and it pretty much is), but I am actually working. Right now my primary job is getting four fairly large houses ready for summer work teams and summer camp counselors. It's a big job but everyone on staff is incredibly enthusiastic about me being here and very willing to help with anything I need. 


Ayer Cottage (where I live) will sleep 12 or so of the women


It's so exciting to see and hear about the children's ministries here at KBM. I have had the chance to see the preschool and after-school programs in action. These kids have a blast and learn about the love of Jesus! The day camp will start in a couple weeks and I am looking forward to seeing that ministry first hand.


Playing with giant bubbles on a sunny afternoon


What an incredible God to make all of this awesome creation and let me be a part of ministering to the mission, work teams, and children of Kodiak! 






No comments:

Post a Comment